HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Basic Grey Clippings - by Fiona Johnstone


 
 
Hello everyone
 
This week my layout has been created using Basic Greys "Clippings" range combined with some Jillibean soup. The main background paper, Drafting Table has all the cool looking distressed pattern on the left hand side, and this inspired me to follow this distressing throughout the design, so I have layered torn strips of the other Basic Grey papers.
 
 
 
The orange patterned paper was a little plain on it's own, so again taking some inspiration from the background paper, I went with circles. The Jillibean placemat was perfect, except for the colour, so I inked over the placemat then stamped a small dotted pattern:
 
 
A small amount of embellishments on the right (including a Flutterby Designs Flair of course!) as this fabulous Dr Seuss quote is a major part of the design:
 
 
I've kept the title to two different styles of alpha to make it easily readable, some plain chipboard thickers that I have inked with my worn out pinecone ink and some Jillibean Soup Alphabeans. 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Fiona
x
 
 
Photobucket
Products Used:
 
Basic Grey Clippings Paper - Drafting Table
Basic Grey Clippings Paper - Chronicle
Basic Grey Clippings Paper - Cotton Dress
Basic Grey Clippings Paper -Handmade Quilt
Jillibean Soup Placemat White Circles
Jillibean Soup Alphabeans - Organic Orange
Flutterby Designs Flair - Design 16
2Crafty Chipboard View Finder
 Kaisercraft Now Boarding Collectibles
Kaisercraft Texture Stamp - Tiny Dot
 


 
 

 

 
 

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this BG range & love your layout, Fiona! The circle placemat looks fantastic & I love the torn strips & your fabo title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great eye catching layout Fiona, love the design and especially the title - great photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute layout and I love the long title... looks amazing :D

    ReplyDelete